Vaughn College is excited to announce its Spring Open House happening on campus on Saturday, April 9 at 10 a.m. This in-person event is a fantastic opportunity to discover all the benefits of a Vaughn degree. See how one of our valuable degree programs in engineering, technology, management or aviation can lead you to an exciting, in-demand career.
So, who is “the future you” going to be? We’ll help you find out at our Open House.
What are the benefits of a Vaughn degree?
Vaughn graduates leave with more than just degrees. They leave with exciting, in-demand careers. We call it being futureproof. And we guarantee it. If you aren’t employed within one year of graduation, we’ll reimburse one year’s worth of federal Direct student loan payments. Now, that’s a guarantee!
Our stats: The numbers are stacked in your favor
Vaughn is ranked as among the top colleges in the country. We have raised the bar to provide an unprecedented education that will set you apart from the rest. Check out our fast facts:
- Ranked number one in upward mobility in a study conducted by The Equality of Opportunity Project and reported by The New York Times. This proves Vaughn’s ability to move students from the bottom percentiles in income to the top.
- Ranked in the top 4 percent of colleges with the highest ROI for low-income students. (Source: Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce)
- Vaughn has been ranked as a best regional college in the North by US News and World Report for twelve consecutive years and a best college for social mobility (Source: US News and World Report Best Colleges)
- Vaughn is one of only four colleges in the US that has an ABET-approved mechatronic engineering
- 88 percent of Vaughn graduates―75 percent in their field of study―are employed or continue their education within one year. In recent years, outside of a pandemic, Vaughn’s outcomes for students typically average more than 95 percent and have been 99, 98 and 97 percent for the three prior years.
- Vaughn’s career services team is dedicated to helping students find internship and career opportunities through networking events, employer connections, professional associations, conferences and through the help of our caring and committed faculty, advisers and career services team.
- Vaughn has small class sizes with a 14-to-1 student/faculty ratio. Committed faculty provide the personalized attention that students need to succeed. With experience working in the industry’s they teach, an added layer of inside knowledge and expertise gives students a competitive edge in the market.
- More than 90 percent of Vaughn students receive some type of financial aid, and there are many financial aid and scholarship options available for incoming students.
- Vaughn has a highly diverse student body, serves many first-generation college students and is recognized by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving institution
- Vaughn is highly supportive of encouraging more women to enter the fields of engineering and aviation, which have historically been male dominated.
Where the jobs are
Vaughn graduates go further, faster. Our students go on to have exciting careers at some of the nation’s top companies in industries that include aerospace, engineering, airport/airline management and transportation. They also find rewarding opportunities in industries you may not expect, such as healthcare, utilities and sustainable energy. Here are some of the companies where Vaughn graduates have landed – you can click on the links to read the stories of graduates who have received employment at these companies.
- Atlas Air
- Lockheed Martin
- United Airlines
- Endeavor Air
- Northrop Grumman
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority
What to expect at Open House
The morning will kick off with a warm welcome from President Dr. Sharon B. DeVivo and Celso Alvarez, associate vice president of enrollment. You’ll learn about the College’s exciting degree programs and how Vaughn can help you be a part of the next futureproof generation. Additionally, you’ll hear firsthand success stories from some of our graduates—via our student outcomes video—on how their Vaughn degree landed them positions with some of today’s most sought-after industry leading companies.
You will have the opportunity to participate in breakout sessions in your program of interest. Led by the chair of each department, you will hear about Vaughn’s programs in engineering and technology, management, aviation or aviation maintenance (whichever you are interested in), learn about coursework and the types of jobs you’ll be eligible for upon graduation, see classrooms/labs and ask questions.
The event will close with an admissions presentation, where you will hear about:
- Campus life
- Students can get involved in clubs such as robotics and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV).
- There are several student chapters of professional organizations such as the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) and Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
- Become a Vaughn Warrior and get involved in athletics such as tennis, basketball, cross country and soccer.
- Consider becoming a part of Vaughn’s residential community equipped with a full kitchen and TV lounge, multipurpose room and fitness center.
- The admissions process
- The student experience
- Financial aid
- How to apply for FREE – Open House attendees receive a $40 application fee waiver
“Open House is an exciting time when we see and meet the future faces of our Vaughn community,” said Alvarez. “We look forward to a fun, informative and engaging event.”
To accept your invitation to meet the future you, register here. For those who are unable to attend the in-person Open House, there will be a virtual event held on April 21.
Note: Vaughn College requires proof of vaccination to be permitted in a campus facility.