Imagine receiving a full four-year scholarship to Vaughn College, paid summer internships and a guaranteed job after graduation in a “futureproof” career. Sound too good to be true? It’s not. In fact, if you’re an incoming freshman who lives in Queens County, NY with a dream of pursuing a career in engineering, technology, management or aviation, your dream may be closer than you think.
For the second year, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is partnering with Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology to offer a unique scholarship opportunity to five incoming freshmen for the 2020-2021 academic school year. This amazing opportunity is part of the ongoing redevelopment of LaGuardia Airport and the city’s commitment to reinvesting in the communities that play host to the airport.
Do you have what it takes to apply? Read on to learn more about the scholarship program benefits, if you qualify and how to apply.
Scholarship Program: What You’ll Receive
The scholarship covers the complete annual tuition for up to four consecutive years of full-time study and is renewable each year for up to four years, providing the student maintains a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and full-time student status.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- A “futureproof” tuition-free education (full, four-year scholarship starting in the fall 2020 semester).
- aid internships at the Port Authority airports during the summers while enrolled at Vaughn.
- Full-time employment with the Port Authority upon graduation for those who qualify.
How to Qualify
Five finalists will be selected for a full-tuition scholarship based on the following criteria:
Students must reside in Queens County, NY.
- Preference will be given to residents of the following zip codes: 11369 (East Elmhurst), 11370 (East Elmhurst, Astoria), and 11105 (Astoria)
- Secondary preference will be given to residents of the following zip codes: 11368 (Corona, Willets Point), 11102 (Astoria) and 11103 (Astoria)
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least an 80
- Minimum cumulative score of 1,000 on the SAT or 22 on the ACT
- Applicant must submit academic accomplishments, intellectual and creative distinctions, extracurricular activities, letters of reference and original essays.
How to Apply: Deadline is March 1, 2020
Applicants must complete a Port Authority Partners and Vaughn College Scholarship Program Application.
Applicants must have completed and submitted an Application for Admission to Vaughn College prior to submission of a scholarship application.
As part of the Port Authority Partners and Vaughn College Scholarship Program application, applicants must also submit two letters of recommendation, an essay and completed application form with official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores.
Don’t miss this opportunity for a “futureproof” tuition-free education at Vaughn College. Don’t forget the deadline of March 1, 2020. For additional questions, please contact: Mr. Celso Alvarez, Associate VP of Enrollment via email at or by calling 718-429-6600, extension 117.