Don’t miss this full-tuition scholarship opportunity!
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is partnering with Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology to offer a unique scholarship opportunity. Five incoming freshmen who qualify will be eligible for a full, four-year scholarship in the 2020-2021 academic year. In addition to qualifying for a position with the Port Authority upon graduation, scholarship recipients will also receive paid internships at the Port Authority during the summers of their enrollment at Vaughn. This scholarship covers the complete annual tuition for up to four consecutive years of full-time study and is renewable each year for up to four years if the student maintains a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and full-time student status, allowing recipients to receive a tuition-free education.
Click the image below to apply.
SCHEDULING AND APPLICATION DEADLINES
Students will be selected as full tuition scholarship finalists based on the following criteria:
Students must reside in Queens County:
- Preference will be given to residents of the following zip codes:
11369 (East Elmhurst), 11370 (East Elmhurst, Astoria) and 11105 (Astoria)
- Secondary preference will be given to residents of the following zip codes:
11368 (Corona, Willets Point), 11102 (Astoria) and 11103 (Astoria)
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least an 80
- Minimum cumulative score of a 1000 on the SAT or 22 on the ACT
- Applicant must submit academic accomplishments, intellectual and creative distinctions, extracurricular
activities, letters of reference, and original essays.
THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED
Submit your application by March 15, 2020! Click the image to the left to apply.