Think About Your Future in a Whole New Way.
Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology considers the career development of every student a primary responsibility. Career counseling is conducted through the office of career services, department chairs and the faculty. Throughout its history, the College has assisted its students and graduates in securing meaningful internships and employment that relates to the majors offered.
Leaders in aviation, aerospace, manufacturing, engineering design, public utilities, local state and federal government, to name a few, seek the College’s graduates. The office of career services provides ongoing industry updates for both continuing and graduating students. The College is also committed to lifelong learning and advisement on career development issues for its alumni. Employment opportunities, job prospects, company literature and information are provided through this office as well. Career development guidance and assistance are always available to students.
Meet the Staff
Philip Meade, Assistant Vice President
Phil manages all operations of the career services’ office and is responsible for helping train students and alumni in all aspects of conducting a professional and effective job search. One of the most important roles Phil plays is to meet one-on-one with students and alumni to address their individual career plans and needs. Phil and his staff assist students and alumni with identifying career opportunities and helping candidates pursue them. The career services office also works to increase the number of companies that offer internships, full and part-time employment opportunities for Vaughn students and alumni.
Jessica Caron, Director of Career Services
Jessica manages the operations for all career services programs and events, and regulates all employment-related functions for the department. She coordinates employer relations processes and directs procedures for job placement outcomes. Jessica is responsible for providing guidance to students and alumni on career
decisions, and preparing them for all aspects of the workforce.
Becky Falto, Internship Coordinator
Becky assists with internships in the career services office – she is responsible for employer outreach and development in regards to internships and helping students in all aspects of conducting an effective internship search.
As a result of students engaging with the Career Services Office, students will:
- Have the ability to select an appropriate major based on use of the counseling process, interest inventories, career resources and/or internet sources.
- Have the ability to identify career options and develop an individual plan to follow for their career decision making.
- Have the skills to prepare an effective resume, cover letter and/or personal statement.
- Have the ability to prepare for and complete a successful interview.
- Have the ability to identify and utilize jobs resources: Vaughn Career Connect, on-campus recruiting events, networking opportunities, internships and on-line resources.
- Be able to identify graduate/professional school opportunities and follow through with the application process: personal statements and letters of recommendations.
- Have the ability to acquire practical experience in their field by completing internships, summer jobs or shadowing opportunities.
8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday- Friday
718.429.6600, extension 281
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Monday through Friday
718.429.6600 ext. 381
SPRING CAREER FAIR
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Hangar and Faculty Conference Room