Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP)
What is STEP?
Our New York State funded program leverages Vaughn’s aeronautical heritage and world class robotics championship teams to expose students to STEM-related fields, aviation related fields, while providing tutoring, standardized test prep, and college prep. The program can include elements such as:
Core Subject Instruction
- Core Subject Instruction
- SHSAT/PSAT/SAT/Regents exam preparation
- Communications and soft skills training
- Supervised practical research and poster presentation training
- Preparing for licensed professions (e.g., FAA Private Pilot; FAA Remote Pilot)
- Hands on exposure to Robotics, Hydroponics and other career fields
- The program is limited to 7th – 12th grade students
- Economically disadvantaged, or African American, Hispanic/Latino, Alaskan Native or American Indian
- There are NY residency requirements associated with the program
Saturday Academy, October – June
Saturdays during the Academic year from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Summer Academy, July – August
Monday through Thursday
STEP APPLICATION FOR RETURNING and NEW STUDENTS
- New Students can register by clicking here.
- Returning Students can register by clicking here.
- Upload your report card and supporting documents here.