WE ARE EXCITED TO WELCOME YOU TO THE VAUGHN FAMILY
VAUGHN COLLEGE SPRING 2022 ORIENTATION
Congratulations on your decision to attend Vaughn College!
We are excited to welcome you to the Vaughn community of learners. New student orientation is dedicated to supporting new students in their educational journey at Vaughn College. New Student Orientation is designed to help you transition successfully to the Vaughn College community, get acquainted with campus resources and academics early in your college career. Orientation is the beginning of many milestones that you will have at Vaughn, as you build your unique collegiate network of friends and future colleagues.
All new students are expected to complete orientation; new student orientation is pivotal to each student’s success from the beginning of their educational journey to degree completion.
New Student Orientation – Online
New student orientation will be delivered online via Vaughn College’s learning management platform D2L. During your online orientation, you will have an opportunity to learn about tools and resources available to you as a Vaughn College student, tips and strategies to best navigate the campus, and connect with other new students and student leaders.
Virtual Orientation Sessions (via Zoom)
January 7, 2022 at 11 a.m. – New students and families join us on to hear from college representatives, faculty, and student leaders to learn how to have a successful educational journey and experience.
How Do You Access Orientation?
New students will be enrolled in the New Student Orientation seminar (NSO001). Once enrolled, you will access the online course. Orientation is supported through Vaughn College’s learning management system, D2L. D2L is the platform many of our faculty use and where the majority of your coursework will be located. This is a great opportunity for you to get comfortable using D2L. You will receive access details and instructions via Vaughn email. Only enrolled students will have access to orientation.
New Student Orientation is split into two experiences:
- Synchronous event– everyone logs in at the same time to receive live/real-time information, approximately 90 minutes event.
- Asynchronous experience– complete different modules at your own speed – that can take up to 4 hours to complete.
Please make sure you leave plenty of time to complete each portion of the program.
What Will You Need?
Please review the following items to make sure you are prepared for your orientation experience:
- Use a device (computer, laptop, or tablet) that has audio functionality.
- Online orientation is best viewed by using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Access to internet.
- While not required, we recommend the use of camera and headphones (synchronous session).
Vaughn complies with the American with Disabilities Act and is committed to ensuring that all students are able to fully participate in new student orientation. If there are questions or concerns about how we will deliver orientation content or if you will require accommodations for placement assessments or your advising session, please contact Frank Wang at .
2022 Residence Hall Move-In Information
NOTE: Move-in dates are tentative pending the guidance from New York State and New York City on re-opening.
Flight, Engineering, Management Students
- Move-in will occur on January 17, for classes that begin on January 18.
- Residents traveling in from an international/long-distance location (3+ hours/out of state) or who are new to Vaughn can move in on January 16 if needed.
Aviation Training Institute Students
- Move-in will begin on January 22, for classes that begin on January 23.
- Residents traveling from an international/long-distance location (3+ hours/out of state) or who are new to Vaughn can move in on January 21.
Move-ins will occur by appointment; please check your Vaughn email in early January for information on scheduling your spring move-in.
New York State law requires that all college students provide proof of immunization for measles, mumps, rubella; and acknowledge understanding of meningitis. To remain enrolled, students must submit documentation within 30 days.