This degree will provide entry- or mid-level professionals with the skills and knowledge to advance in general management and aviation -related organizations. It will raise awareness of and enhance skills related to business concepts in the general management and aviation fields. The program will address the demands for managers that are growing because of the need for effective use of scarce resources, heightened domestic and international competition, ability to manage sophisticated technology, complex operations, government and industry interactions, environmental issues and security concerns. This program will also provide the opportunity to learn and apply scientific methods to understanding and addressing business and aviation topics. Depending on a student’s academic background, he or she can be required to complete some basic business training.
Following the overall mission of Vaughn College, the MBA program objectives are intended to produce versatile business and aviation management graduates in mid- to management – level positions of administrative responsibility in public or private enterprises and they will be prepared for further study at the graduate level. Graduates will be prepared to:
- Secure, develop and advance a career as a manager in the business, aviation and related management fields. Graduates will be successful in their pursuit of mid- to high-level positions in business or aviation management fields including industry, academia and government.
- Pursue academic and professional education as a process of life-long learning. Graduates will be able to enter doctoral programs in the business, aviation and related fields.
- Conduct themselves as responsible members of society and in their professional organizations.
IN THE NORTH
Vaughn provides students with invaluable experiences that help prepare them for lifelong careers.
Student Learning Outcomes
Intended Student Learning Outcomes for Master of Business Administration in Aviation Management are that students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize problems and evaluate solutions for general business situations in an integrated manner.
- Integrate theory and practice in the process of complex problem solving with applications to the aviation industry.
- Analyze complex data with multiple implications for business decision-making.
- Demonstrate highly developed written and oral communication skills needed by effective business professionals.
- Contribute effectively to the achievement of organizational goals in a team environment.
- Evaluate the ethical, legal, social, economic, and global environments of business.
The Master of Business Administration in Aviation Management (MBA) has at its core 35 credits in the following areas and will include an industry analysis project.
- MGT520 Quantitative Analysis: Statistics
- MGT530 Managerial Accounting
- MGT590 Information Technology for Managers
- MGT580 Government Impact and Current Issues in the Aviation Industry
- MGT575 Aviation Environmental Issues
- MGT540 Occupational Safety for Airports
- MGT610 Industry Analysis