Electronic Engineering Technology: Avionics
- Gain an advanced proficiency in sophisticated electronics systems
- Focus on the science and technology applied in today’s modern fleet of aircraft
- Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET
IN THE NORTH
Vaughn provides students with invaluable experiences that help prepare them for lifelong careers.
WHAT YOU'LL STUDY
The major components of the electronic engineering technology bachelor’s degree program will expose students to the fundamentals of the overlying field. Avionics will specifically cover aircraft power and distribution systems, flight control and management systems, electronics flight instruments systems, long-range navigation systems (integrated with avionics systems), and traffic alert and avoidance systems. Our course offerings consistently evolve with the ever-changing industry.
Our courses are specifically designed with the goal of career and job readiness upon graduation. Graduates of the electronic engineering technology bachelor’s program―focusing in avionics―are able to obtain entry and mid-level positions with the experience they obtain in avionics and electronics design, development, installation, maintenance and repair expertise. These courses and acquired experience are becoming a requirement to enter the field.
Vaugh graduates have successful engineering technology careers with the tools, resources, and experience they gain on campus and beyond. The techniques, skills, education and modern tools used in our courses are all applicable to real-life jobs in electronic engineering.
Graduates of the avionics electronic engineering program have become successful avionic system engineers, electronic system engineers, radar engineers and flight control engineers. Many students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in internships programs while they complete their degrees.
JUST A FEW OF THE COMPANIES THAT EMPLOY VAUGHN GRADUATES:
- Aviation Avionics and Instruments Inc
- American Airlines
- Defense Contract Management Agency
- Delta Air Lines, Inc
- Endeavor Air
- Evergreen Eagle
- Federal Aviation Administration
- MTA Metro-North Railroad
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation
- Piedmont Airlines
- Safe Flight Instrument Corporation
- Spectrex, Inc.
- Thales Group
A SAMPLE OF VAUGHN INTERNSHIPS:
- American Dynamics
- Atlas Air
- Disney College Program
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- FAA (Enterprise Data and Messaging Engineering Team)
- FAA (Tech Center)
- Federal Express
- FlightSafety International
- General Electric
- International Business Machines (IBM)
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
- NASA (Marshall Space Flight Center)
- Navair (Naval Air Systems Command)
- NYU Engineering Summer Research
- Rashid Petroleum Company
- Sikorsky Helicopters
- Textron Aviation
- United Airlines
- Venture Aerobearings
- Watertown Airport