- Access to the advanced control and communications systems for use in home appliances, aerospace and military systems
- Mass media broadcast, digital home entertainment, small cell phone and pervasive system technology skills training
- Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
Degrees for the Future of Technology
The bachelor of science in electrical engineering program was designed with the most current technology and industry research as its foundation. This includes electrical components and systems ranging from passive analog circuits, digital logic circuits, active hybrid semiconductor chips and very large-scale integrated circuits (VLS). Is this a career possibility that interests you? The skills learned in this program will help you succeed in engineering careers in a variety of fields, from domestic home appliances to aerospace and military systems.
The advanced control and communication systems courses also include training in mass media broadcast systems, digital home entertainment systems, smart cell phone and pervasive personal networks, intelligent robots, GPS satellites, active array radars and stealth aircraft or guided missiles. An electrical engineering degree will prepare you for success in many fields. We are constantly updating our electrical engineering courses and curriculum to adapt to the ever-changing industrial needs.
WHAT YOU'LL STUDY
The electrical engineering degree emphasizes both the fundamentals of electronics and systems and the multidisciplinary nature of this field. Vaughn’s electrical engineering courses train students to use analytical procedures to solve specific problems, and provides access to hands-on laboratory exercises to examine electrical phenomena. Students will gain skills to ultimately design these systems so they will perform the specific functions set by various project objectives.
The electrical engineering degree requires students to take technical electives, which our department has expanded with the ever-changing demands of the field. Students have the freedom to concentrate in one of the following areas:
- Advanced Microelectronic Circuits Design
- Power Systems and Machinery
- DSP and Avionics Applications (Radar, GPS, Autopilot or More)
- Electronic Communication and Network Systems
- Control Systems (Robotics and Artificial Intelligence)
- Digital and Computer Systems (Computer Engineering)
Vaughn graduates move on to have successful engineering careers. Throughout the program, students have the opportunity to pursue electrical engineering internships, which in turn allows them to secure prestigious careers after graduation.
The average salary an electrical engineer can earn is very attractive to many graduates who are looking to pursue a career and field with a positive job and salary outlook. Your electrical engineering courses will help you prepare for a successful career in a high-demand field, with opportunities in a variety of industries.
JUST A FEW OF THE COMPANIES THAT EMPLOY VAUGHN GRADUATES:
- Aviation Avionics and Instruments Inc
- Federal Aviation Administration
- G.A.L. Manufacturing Corp.
- New York State Department of Transportation
- Rain Energy
- RCM Technologies
- Safe Flight Instrument Corporation
A SAMPLE OF VAUGHN INTERNSHIPS:
- American Dynamics
- Atlas Air
- Disney College Program
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- FAA (Enterprise Data and Messaging Engineering Team)
- FAA (Tech Center)
- Federal Express
- FlightSafety International
- General Electric
- International Business Machines (IBM)
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
- NASA (Marshall Space Flight Center)
- Navair (Naval Air Systems Command)
- NYU Engineering Summer Research
- Rashid Petroleum Company
- Sikorsky Helicopters
- Textron Aviation
- United Airlines
- Venture Aerobearings
- Watertown Airport