Electronic Engineering Technology: General Electronics
- Exposure and training to prepare you for the ever-changing field of electronics
- Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
Innovation is at the Core of Our General Electronics Technology Program
The ability to adapt and innovate in the ever-growing field of electronics is more important than ever. Vaughn’s bachelor’s degree in general electronic engineering technology is designed to help you do just that. This program will expose you to the technical and managerial skills necessary to enter careers as a technologist in industries such as aerospace, computers, communications, medical, chemical and energy supply.
Your access to training in areas which include control systems, microprocessors, communication systems, computer applications and computer-aided design will prepare you for a successful career. We also emphasize written and oral communication skills in addition to a combination of modern and industrial methods of administration and supervision to help you and other graduates rise as leaders.
WHAT YOU'LL STUDY
Your major course components will cover flight control and management systems, wiring and harnessing, microprocessing and the principles of communication networks. Each course uses today’s modern technology and industry-leading research.
You will be exposed to the advanced principles of mathematics, science and engineering in relationship to design and analysis in your chosen field. You and other graduates will be able to demonstrate an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements, analyze and interpret experiments, and apply experimental results to improve processes. This advanced educational background has allowed many graduates to pursue prestigious entry and mid-level roles quickly.
- Computer Aided Three-dimensional Interactive Application (CATIA) Fundamentals
- Computer Aided Three-dimensional Interactive Application (CATIA) for Wiring and Harnessing
- Control Systems
- Digital Electronics
- Electrical Circuits
- Reliability and Sustainability
- Capstone Degree Project
A majority of Vaughn’s engineering degree graduates receive full-time job offers in their preferred fields within a year of graduating. It is our goal to prepare graduating students to do just this. Students have the ability to apply the knowledge, skills and modern tools used in electronics engineering technology programs in a wide variety of avionics technology professions.
Graduates of the electronics engineering technology program have become successful flight control system engineers, wiring and harnessing engineers and computer networking engineers with the coursework and internship experiences that Vaughn College has provided them. Vaughn’s engineering degrees will prepare you for a futureproof career.
JUST A FEW OF THE COMPANIES THAT EMPLOY VAUGHN GRADUATES:
- Aviation Avionics and Instruments Inc
- Federal Aviation Administration
- G.A.L. Manufacturing Corp.
- New York State Department of Transportation
- Rain Energy
- RCM Technologies
- Safe Flight Instrument Corporation
A SAMPLE OF VAUGHN INTERNSHIPS:
- American Dynamics
- Atlas Air
- Disney College Program
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- FAA (Enterprise Data and Messaging Engineering Team)
- FAA (Tech Center)
- Federal Express
- FlightSafety International
- General Electric
- International Business Machines (IBM)
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
- NASA (Marshall Space Flight Center)
- Navair (Naval Air Systems Command)
- NYU Engineering Summer Research
- Rashid Petroleum Company
- Sikorsky Helicopters
- Textron Aviation
- United Airlines
- Venture Aerobearings
- Watertown Airport