The Vaughn College student population is comprised of a diverse group of students that includes international students from nearly 30 nations. International Student Services administers a wide variety of services to the international community of Vaughn College. A global community makes for a more diverse and thought-provoking student body. At Vaughn College, we prepare students from all walks of life―and from all corners of the globe―for careers in aviation, engineering and technology and management. We openly welcome international students to campus each year.
Vaughn continually invests in their students’ success. A recent $45 million campus investment project yielded first-rate facilities, high-tech classrooms and labs, an amazing library and a brand new student success center. Our 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio and our futureproof degree programs set Vaughn apart from other institutions. Did you know that 99 percent of Vaughn graduates, 83 percent in their chosen field, are employed or continue their education within one year? Our record speaks for itself. Are you ready to experience Vaughn for yourself?
Located in New York City, adjacent to LaGuardia Airport, Vaughn College could be your gateway to an exciting and futureproof career. A world of opportunities awaits you.
International Student Application Supplement and Visa Instructions
- Vaughn College Application for International Student College Admissions. Complete and submit this form in addition to the supplement below. Due to the heavy volume of international applications received by the college, we will not review any application unless it is accompanied by a non-refundable application fee. This fee must be paid by bank check or money order. (Do not send cash.) Please understand this policy is not negotiable and no exceptions will be allowed.
- International Student College Admissions Application Supplement and Instructions. You must submit this form―completed, notarized, and accompanied by all the required documents―before a Form I-20 AB can be issued to you.
- Instructions for Your Interview with the United States Embassy. This document provides some helpful information to prepare you for the interview with the United States Embassy in your country. Once you receive a Form I-20 AB from Vaughn College and schedule your appointment with the embassy, download this form and review the College’s suggestions.
- SEVIS Check-in: All new F-1 international students are required to report to the office of admission within 15 days of their program start date. Failure to complete check-in may result in the termination of your SEVIS record and loss of your F-1 status. Please remember all students are also required to attend their assigned mandatory orientation.To complete the SEVIS Check-in, you must bring in person the following documents with you:
- Photocopy of the F-1 visa (Canadian citizens exempt)
- Printed Form I-94 (accessible online)
International Student Services
Our mission is to facilitate international students’ admittance to the United States, to assist international students’ transition to life in the United States and at Vaughn, and to provide services necessary to meet the special needs of international students in accordance with SEVP Federal Regulations.
Transfer to Vaughn College
In accordance with the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), a “school transfer” is the process that allows an international student to leave one U.S. institution (before or after program completion) to attend another U.S. institution. A school transfer, with regard to immigration, does not refer to the transfer of academic credits or records between institutions.
- F-1 students: must request the transfer no later than 60 days after their current program end date.
Students in F-1 status are eligible to transfer to or from Vaughn College if they:
- Have been fully admitted to Vaughn College.
- Are maintaining current non-immigrant status;
- Are currently enrolled full-time, between semesters, or participating in approved OPT/academic training.
- The new program at Vaughn will begin within 5 months of after your current F-1 program end date.
- Student who is admitted to Vaughn and receives the following from the Office of admissions:
- Transfer Eligibility Form
- Financial Guarantee Form
- Student informs current International Student Advisor of intent to transfer to Vaughn College
- Your current International Student Advisor releases your SEVIS record to Vaughn as soon as possible. The release date will probably be the end date of your current school’s academic session. Vaughn’s F-1 school code is NYC214F00334000.
- Once the release date has passed, Vaughn will have access to your SEVIS record, and we can issue a transfer I-20 (F-1). You will keep the same SEVIS number.