Accelerating your career just became easier with distance learning at Vaughn College. You can have the best of both worlds as you earn your aviation degree while working at your current job. With accelerated, flexible curriculums, diverse college courses and online courses scheduled to work around your work schedule, distance learning puts your goals within reach and enables you to earn the degree you’ve been dreaming of.
- Aviation maintenance degree. Earn an associate degree in aviation maintenance or a bachelor’s degree in aviation maintenance or aviation maintenance management. (An Airframe and Powerplant certificate is required.)
- Airport management degree. We offer an associate degree and bachelor’s degree in airport management online.
- Certificate in Airport Management. A four-course sequence in airport operations, transportation regulations and aviation law.
Certificate in Airline Management. A four-course sequence in airline management, airline economics and finance, aviation safety and labor relations.
- Videoconferencing and online video streaming, which offers the benefit of a live classroom setting. You’ll interact with faculty and student colleagues.
- Online delivery through SAKAI platform for 24/7 access to course materials and assignments.
- Lectures available in DVD format or via streaming so you can study on your own and at your own pace.
To find out more about distance learning program, our online courses or college courses offered through the distance learning program, email or call 1.866.6VAUGHN, extension 215. Ready to apply? Click here.
Vaughn College’s 2012-2013 Gainful Employment Disclosure.
Mark Your Calendar: Key Dates for Distance Learning
Insert Student Photo Ask Client about dates for Distance Learning
Frequently Asked Questions
Vaughn’s online programs and courses are priced identically to our on campus classes. Some certificate programs, however, may have a slightly different pricing structure.
There are three primary advantages of online learning.
- Accessibility: Your course is open to you 24/7 during the semester. You only need access to the internet to login.
- Flexibility: You can arrange learning around your life’s schedule. Or, add an extra class to your on-campus schedule.
- Affordability: No need for commuting costs to campus, or for residence hall expenses.
No, not all classes are offered online. There are five select Vaughn degree programs that are offered entirely online. Additionally, many other individual courses are also offered online.
Check the Course Scheduler each semester for a listing of all online offerings.
No, the degree is equivalent to one earned on-campus, and at the same cost.
Distance learning allows a student to have the same opportunity to learn regardless of his or her geographic location. Programs and courses are offered through the internet or by video in a format taught by a qualified faculty member. Learning materials, resources and assignments are all presented online and in an asynchronous method. On-campus attendance is not required.