Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) >
We're Here When You Need Us.
At Vaughn, we want to do all we can to make your first year here–and your entire college experience–a successful one. To help achieve this goal, we recently opened a comprehensive Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) in the center of our campus.
In addition to serving as home to such academic support services as the academic resource center, the student advisement center and more, here you'll find a quiet place to study... a welcoming environment where you can collaborate with faculty or fellow students, and an open door when you need some extra help. Come to the TLC for:
- Peer Tutoring is the extra support you may need during your academic tenure at Vaughn. Whether it is assistance with one concept or difficulty throughout the semester, peer tutors who are upper-class students and who have successfully passed the course in which you are experiencing difficulty are available in the TLC Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Study Space, where individuals and small groups can go to work on group projects, or cram for that all-important exam.
- Student Advisement Center is the place where you will go to register for courses and throughout the semester when you need guidance about your degree program.
- Writing Lab is where you can build your writing skills with help from Vaughn faculty, student tutors and professional authors who share their thoughts, ideas and tips.
- Language Lab is where tutors and interactive computer programs can help you learn or practice a foreign language, or help reinforce correct English pronunciation-a key requirement for air traffic controllers.
Just about whatever you need to succeed, you'll find it at Vaughn.
November 25, 2013
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Hosts Event
November 21, 2013
Team Comes in Third Place
November 19, 2013
Ranked Fifth in North Regional Category
November 16, 2013
Over 220 Students Attend Today's Event
November 09, 2013
High Event Turnout at First Fall Open House
October 22, 2013
New Tower and Radar Laboratory Scheduled to Open this Semester