Career Opportunities > Staff Jobs
Are You Ready to Prepare Tomorrow's Great Thinkers?
Join the dedicated faculty and staff at Vaughn College. As a growing, accredited institution and an EEO/AA employer, we're continually looking for qualified individuals for both faculty and non-faculty positions.
To assist the associate vice president of facilities with the overall maintenance/general operations of the College property and buildings.
1. Supervise the maintenance foreman and staff. Provide oversight to insure that all requests, repairs, and preventive maintenance are completed in a safe, professional and timely fashion. Maintain the work order system so requests are handled in a timely manner. Provide hands on assistance as needed.
2. Assists the associate vice president of facilities with the daily operations associated with the College facilities. Check on all building and equipment schedules, coordinate periodic testing of the building security systems, and prepare for emergencies by helping to implement emergency action plans, which includes organizing college wide training sessions and coordinating emergency drills, etc.
3. Monitors in conjunction with the staff the scheduling of preventive maintenance and response to urgent maintenance calls.
4. Assists the associate vice president of facilities with the application process for required permits and insure that the campus meets all Department of Buildings and Fire Department of New York specifications. This includes obtaining various certificates of fitness required to run the campus.
5. On a daily basis tours the campus to identify any maintenance related issues and follows up with staff for resolution.
6. In conjunction with associate vice president of facilities coordinates the safety program for the College.
A. Prepares and schedules weekly staff meetings, including the preparation of the agenda and minutes. Researches safety topics as discussion items for staff meetings.
B. Interacts with the security department with respect to safety related matters.
C. Serves as the point of contact for departments with respect to general safety issues, concerns and suggestions.
7. Assists associate vice president of facilities with the annual budget for the department. Monitors the budget works within the parameters of that budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree with a background in engineering preferred.
Three (3) years of experience in facilities with some supervisory experience.
B. Professional Skills
The ability to write memos and communicate in a professional manner.
Should be computer literate, with working knowledge in Outlook and Excel.
C. Reasoning Ability
Must have the ability to define problems and engineer solutions to those problems. Should be able to set up and prioritize the work flow within the facilities department.
D. Work environment and physical functions
This position is located in an office environment, but also requires the individual to work throughout the campus. Generally an employee needs to be able to sit, stand, and navigate within the office area and throughout the campus. The individual should be able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis, and 50 pounds on a limited basis. The office equipment either individually used or shared with a department is the responsibility of all employees.
Bilingual – English/Spanish
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mary Durkin, Associate Vice President of Human Resources
86-01 23rd Avenue
Flushing, NY 11369
January 09, 2015
Team Attends Multiple High School Robotics Competitions
January 06, 2015
Michael Joseph '98 is Now Senior Engineer at Corning
December 05, 2014
Engineering and Technology Department Hosts Bobbi Wells
November 22, 2014
More than 260 Students in Attendance
November 21, 2014
Management Series hosts John Allen and the Honorable Chris Hart
November 15, 2014
Standing Room Only at First of Two Fall Open Houses