Career Opportunities > Staff Jobs
Are You Ready to Prepare Tomorrow's Great Thinkers?
Join the dedicated faculty and staff at Vaughn College. As a growing, accredited institution and an EEO/AA employer, we're continually looking for qualified individuals for both faculty and non-faculty positions.
Institutional Research Analyst
Under the direction of the director of institutional effectiveness, the institutional research analyst provides support for the coordination and collection of institutional data for the submission of internal and external surveys, state, federal reporting, grants and budget management, and the compilation and formatting of data in the form of spreadsheets and graphs for ad hoc and internal reporting. The analyst is responsible for maintaining the Common Data Set (CDS) and the IR Website.
• Data analysis/reporting: The analyst actively contributes to the overall data gathering for institutional support and business intelligence by collecting and disseminating statistical and student demographic data for a variety of publications and reports at the institutional and national level. The position assists in the gathering of institutional data for planning and decision making. The position makes recommendations as needed to enhance data collection and reporting. The analyst participates in the research of higher education trends, and the collection of data pertaining to academic affairs, enrollment management, planning, and finance.
• Grant management: Assists in the reporting, research, maintenance and acquisition of grant-related funding.
• Strategic planning support: Assists in the gathering of data for institutional key performance and outcomes. Participates in strategic planning initiatives including data generation using both internal and external databases and sources.
• Confidentiality: Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters, in any way, involving the College and its employees that come to the attention of the incumbent through whatever means, except as publishable in carrying out specific enumerated responsibilities of the job.
• A bachelor's degree and one to three years of experience in institutional effectiveness; master's degree preferred.
• Superior attention to detail and time management
• Good computer skills
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts using SPSS or Excel
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
This position is located in an office environment. An employee needs to be able to sit, stand, and navigate within the office area. The office equipment either individually used or shared with a department is the responsibility of all employees.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mary Durkin, Associate Vice President of Human Resources
86-01 23rd Avenue
Flushing, NY 11369
October 20, 2014
Infrastructure Modernization To Be Discussed
October 19, 2014
Due to the nature of this event, parking will be impacted until 2 p.m.
September 25, 2014
Approval Received from New York State
September 25, 2014
Over 50 Employers in Attendance
September 15, 2014
Vaughn Achieves Highest Ranking to Date
August 22, 2014
Bachelor of Science Degree Accredited