Career Opportunities > Faculty Jobs
Are You Ready to Prepare Tomorrow's Great Thinkers?
Join the dedicated faculty and staff at Vaughn College. As a growing, accredited institution and an EEO/AA employer, we're continually looking for qualified individuals for both faculty and non-faculty positions.
Vaughn College is seeking part-time faculty to teach English as a second language (ESL) courses for the English Language Institute (ELI). The ELI curriculum follows the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) standards and levels for student placement. Adjunct positions are available for day and evening courses. The candidate would also be expected to work in collaboration with other academic departments as well as the teaching and learning center.
• Deliver instruction in accordance with the learning objectives set for the course
• Develop and manage lesson plans
• Monitor and assess student progress through regular testing
• Assist the director in obtaining ESL accreditations for the program
• ESL certification is required
• A combination of teaching experience and ESL teaching skills
• MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) preferred, or equivalent
• An ability to work closely with colleagues and initiate collaborations with faculty from other disciplines
Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology is a private college located in the borough of Queens in New York City, with a student body of about 2000 students. Vaughn offers degrees in engineering, engineering technology, management and aviation. The department of arts and sciences offers humanities, mathematics, physics, chemistry and computer science courses.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mary Durkin, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources
86-01 23rd Avenue
Flushing, NY 11369
January 09, 2015
Team Attends Multiple High School Robotics Competitions
January 06, 2015
Michael Joseph '98 is Now Senior Engineer at Corning
December 05, 2014
Engineering and Technology Department Hosts Bobbi Wells
November 22, 2014
More than 260 Students in Attendance
November 21, 2014
Management Series hosts John Allen and the Honorable Chris Hart
November 15, 2014
Standing Room Only at First of Two Fall Open Houses