Fast Facts >
- Just minutes from Manhattan, Vaughn College is adjacent to LaGuardia Airport in Queens, New York.
- Master's, bachelor's and associate degree programs in engineering, technology, management and aviation.
- Certificate programs in air traffic control, aircraft maintenance and aircraft dispatch.
- Fall and spring semesters
- Two summer sessions
2013 Class Profile
- Total new student enrollment: 522
- Average GPA: 85
- Average SAT score: 1042 (critical reading and mathematics)
2013 Student Body
- Fall Enrollment: 1742
- Undergraduate: 1725 / Graduate: 17
- Full-Time: 1308 / Part-time: 434
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 15:1
2013 Diversity (New Student)
- Black/African American: 25 percent
- American Indian or Native Alaskan: 1 percent
- Asian or Pacific Islander: 16 percent
- Hispanic: 30 percent
- White, non-Hispanic: 16 percent
- Two or more races: 8 percent
- Unknown: 4 percent
2014 Tuition (Per Semester)
- Full-Time Academic Students: $10,420 (12-18 credits) flat rate
- Part-Time Academic Students: $700 per credit
- Full-Time ATI Students: $7,600 flat rate
- Part-Time ATI Students: $475 per credit
2014 Room and Board (Per Semester)
- Single in a two-person suite: $5,712.50
- Double in a four-person suite: $4,982.50
- Triple room suite: $4,380
- Quadruple room suite: $4,225
- Meal Plans: Range from $595 (continuing students only) to $1,650. Residential hall freshmen automatically receive the $1,200 meal plan.
Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (telephone: 215.662.5606). The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and the Commission on Higher Education Accreditation.
The associate in applied science (AAS) in electronic engineering technology, the associate in applied science (AAS) degree in aeronautical engineering technology and the bachelor of science (BS) degree in electronic engineering technology, as well as the bachelor of science (BS) degree in mechanical engineering technology are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). This board is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education and by the Commission on Higher Education Accreditation.
Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology has also received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe, Kansas. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Associate of Applied Science in Airport Management
- Bachelor of Science in Airport Management, Airline Management and General Management
Download the IACBE annual report by clicking here.
Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology will provide a culture of excellence in which rigorous degree, professional, technical and certification programs are offered. These programs, built on our aeronautical heritage, will incorporate the latest technology and meet the universal needs of the industries they serve. The result will be well-
educated graduates who are trained, qualified and successful in their fields.
Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology is dedicated to providing a distinctive education to a diverse population of students. Our mission is to create an environment that cultivates personal growth and leadership in preparation for successful careers. Vaughn College is committed to:
- Maintaining a culture of excellence that is conducive to learning, which enables students, faculty and staff to achieve their fullest personal, professional and career potential.
- Providing students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills they need to achieve professional success in their chosen careers, integrating technology into academic programs while emphasizing communication and analytical skills.
- Instilling in our students the professional and civic values that will make them outstanding contributors to society; educating students about how to be responsible citizens, whose integrity, personal values and high ethical standards will be emulated within the community.
- Ensuring academic excellence by recruiting and developing an outstanding faculty and instructional staff, encouraging the pursuit of research and other professional development activities that extend the body of scientific knowledge and its practical application to societal and industrial needs.
- Serving the industries that employ our graduates by providing an innovative curriculum responsive to changing needs, covering a broad spectrum, from leading-edge certification and training to baccalaureate aviation, management, engineering and engineering technology degree programs.
- Providing an administration that is responsive to the daily and long-term management issues that ensure an environment of excellence in learning.
- Welcoming men and women from all racial, cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds to join our students, faculty, staff and trustees in support of the vision and mission.
September 15, 2014
Vaughn Achieves Highest Ranking to Date
August 22, 2014
Bachelor of Science Degree Accredited
August 20, 2014
More Than 190 New Students in Attendance
July 30, 2014
Students' Expertise Showcased at International Engineering Meeting
July 07, 2014
Spotlight Story Highlights Relationship Between Vaughn and Port Authority
June 19, 2014
Campus Visit Highlights Relationship Between Vaughn and the Port Authority